Monday, May 20, 2013

We finished our home study and sent off our I-800A on Thursday, it was delivered on Friday in Texas. What a relief. One more step down, only 100 more to complete. :-) We received the next packet of info from our agency and now we're working on our dossier. I like having something to do, it helps to take my mind off of what's happening every second of every minute, of every hour, of every day in Burkina. How Geili is doing, what's he eating, how's he feeling, ahhhhhh..........I could go crazy (more crazy than normal). We're very blessed to be in contact with the orphanage director in Yako, Ruth, who's a wonderful lady and cares deeply about the kiddo's. I know she has the children's best interest's at heart so I rest slightly easier this time around. Still, it's difficult to be so far from your baby. I've been told he's quite the ham. Sounds like our family is the perfect fit for Geili!

I read this quote today, it says what my heart feels.

"Children born to another woman call me, "Mom". The magnitude of that tragedy and the depth of that privilege are not lost on me today." - Jody Landers






No comments:

Post a Comment